ORHAN HOLDİNG 17th INTERNATIONAL PHOTO CONTEST 2021
All photography lovers can participate in our international photo contest, which will be held according to rules and regulations of TFSF and FIAP. Organization:
"Orhan Holding 17th International Photo Contest" is organized by Orhan Holding and it will also be run by Orhan Holding. Theme:
This year’s subject is "Rituals."
Ritual is a form of behaviour that people consider sacred.
These behaviours are repeated at regular intervals.
And in this way, people think that they will have a more peaceful and secure life.
Abundance , health and longevity are the ultimate targets of these ritualsCategories and Sections:
The contest will be in the digital category and have three sections.
Conditions of Participation:
- Monochrome (Theme) – DM - (FIAP TRAD)
- Colour (Theme) – DC - (FIAP TRAD)
- Creative (Colour or Monochrome (Theme) – DC or DM - (Creative)
Publication rights and Copyright (Right of Use):
- There is no participation fee.
- For each section, a maximum of 4 (four) photos can be submitted.
- The contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers from anywhere in the world. The only exception is that selection committee members, contest secretariat officials, and first degree relatives of the TFSF (Photographic Arts Federation of Turkey) representative cannot participate in the contest.
- Participants must be the original copyright holder of the photo that they submit. By submitting their photos, they are considered to have affirmed their rights.
- The participants declare and affirm that they are the sole owner of the photo(s) that they submit, and that all permissions concerning to the photo are granted. If a prize winner is discovered to have violated these conditions, they are subject to the rule violation process.
- Participants that represent a photo as theirs when it is not owned by them, or act in any other way with the intention to deceive the selection committee are subject to the rule violation process.
- Participants who violate the rules are subject to the sanctions stated in Article 13 of "TFSF Contest Organization Standards Guideline" (https://tfsf.org.tr/tr/sayfa-detay/tfsf-yarisma-duezenleme-standartlari-yoenergesi-tr). The prize is cancelled and the place is left empty. Prizes, titles and any other benefits of contest winners who are discovered to have acted in violation of their declarations and affirmations hereby are revoked. If a prize was given, the prize winner is required to return it. This cancellation does not give other prize winners or contestants any rights to claim the prize in question.
- Participants that were banned from the contest by TFSF due to the reasons explained above and whose ban is still in effect, and people on the FIAP red list, cannot participate in the contest.
- Participants agree to their photos getting inspected if necessary according to FIAP rules and declarations by submitting their photos to a contest under the patronage of FIAP, regardless of whether they are a FIAP member or not. FIAP may use all the resources and techniques available to them to perform this inspection. The participants may be banned by FIAP and their names may be disclosed if they do not present the information asked of them, do not provide the original file of the photo taken by the camera, or do not cooperate with FIAP for the resolution of an issue, as they will be considered to be in violation of the rules. It is recommended that EXIF data of the submitted photos are kept intact in the case an investigation occurs.(*)
- Orhan Holding may ask for the original file of the photos if deemed necessary.
- The result of the contest will be announced at Orhan Holding's http://ipc.orhanholding.com, www.orhanholding.com and with TFSF's https://tfsfonayliyarismalar.org. Also all participants will be notified by e-mail.
- TFSF cannot be held responsible for potential problems that may occur due to downloading, changing, deletion or categorization of the photos.
- For situations not listed in these specifications, TFSF Contest Organization Standards Guideline and Selection Committee and TFSF Board of Directors decisions will apply.
Participating in our contest:
- Winning photos and photos selected for the exhibit will be stored in the Orhan Holding archive. As long as the owner is credited properly, the photos may be used for any and all promotion purposes, and the owners will not receive a payment for copyright.
- Photographers participating in the contest agree that winning photos and photos selected for the exhibit may be used by Orhan Holding in exhibits and catalogues.
- According to the rules of the contest, copy of works is allowed to enter printed or digital catalogues unless they are expressly prohibited by the author. In this respect, copyright rules must be obeyed. Under any circumstances, Orhan Holding does not allow the use of photographs for other purposes.
- All photos submitted by the participant must be taken by the participant. The participant is legally responsible for any copyright violation that may arise due to inclusion of somebody else's whole or partial image in the photo.
- It is assumed that people in the photos submitted to the contest have agreed to having their photo taken and having this photo sent to a contest, and this photo being published on the internet and/or printed publications. The participant is responsible from any disputes as a result of from the aforementioned uses of the submitted photo.
- Participants that submit a photo declare and affirm that they have gotten all the necessary permissions regarding the photo and that they will be held responsible for any conflicts that may arise due to an issue concerning permissions. Orhan Holding shall not be liable regarding any disputes because of the aforementioned issues.
- In the case that prize winners do not attend the award ceremony, their prizes will be sent to their home address. Orhan Holding cannot be held responsible for damages to the prize during shipping.
- Following the contest, a digital album will be prepared that contains the winning photos and the photos selected for the exhibit, and this album will be ready for download beginning December 2020 from the website http://ipc.orhanholding.com, www.orhanholding.com.
- Winning photos and the photos selected for the exhibit will be published on the website http://ipc.orhanholding.com, www.orhanholding.com, and will be displayed in places to be determined. Moreover, the photos that receive a prize, honorable mention, or special awards will be published on the website https://tfsfonayliyarismalar.org and TFSF's social media accounts (Facebook, instagram, twitter) as well as being featured in the TFSF digital Almanak 2020 on the pages reserved for our establishment.
- Photos that do not receive awards and exhibits during the contest will be deleted 90 (ninety) days from the date of the Result Announcement Date.
- The photos will be presented to jury in a fully darkened saloon with a 3840 pixels x 2160 pixels resolution picture projector on a screen size of at least 1, up to 2.5 meters diagonal, or on a 42/55 inch LCD monitor with ultra HD 4K 3840 pixels by 2160 pixels resolution.
- In matters not mentioned in the specification or in cases that can not be understood, the decisions of the Organizing Committee and the TFSF DB and the TFSF Competition Regulation Standards Directive shall be valid.
- The participants that register on the website http://ipc.orhanholding.com and upload a photo have agreed to these rules. This specification enters into force by sending the contest photographs of the contestant. With participation, competitors will be accepted as they have read and accepted the provisions of this specification. Contestants are not entitled to appeal the provisions of this specification.
Registration and photo upload steps:
- Participation is only accepted through the website http://ipc.orhanholding.com, and only the photos uploaded to the website will be considered for the contest.
- The long side of a photo must be a minimum of 2500 pixels.
- Resolution of the image must be a minimum of 240 dpi.
- File size must be maximum 4MB.
- Photos must be submitted without a passe-partout, and they must not have borders or other space between the image and the edges (only the image must be sent). The photo must not feature the participant's name, signature, logo or the date.
- All photos submitted to the contest will be given a name.
- The photos must be submitted in jpg/jpeg file format.
Prizes (for each section):
- Please click on "Registration" link on the home page of the website and fill out the form. Afterwards, please complete the registration by clicking on the confirmation link sent to your email address from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can access your personal participant page with the username and password you determined during the registration process to upload, change, and delete photos, and pay the contest entry fee until the entry deadline.
- FIAP Gold, Silver, Bronze Medals,
- FIAP Honorable Mention plaques (4),
- TFSF Gold, Silver, Bronze Medals,
- Orhan Holding Special Award plaque,
- FIAP Best Photographer Award plaque (Awarded to the photographer winning the most prizes and exhibit selections in the salon),
- Exhibit (a maximum of 11 photos may be selected for each category).
The results will be announced on the websites http://ipc.orhanholding.com, www.orhanholding.com and www.tfsf.org.tr starting on 12 November 2021. Definition of "Traditional Photo"
A traditional photograph maintains the original single capture image content with minimal adjustments which should not alter the reality of the scene and should appear natural. Rearranging, replacing, adding to or removing any part of the original image except by cropping is strictly forbidden. HDR (High Dynamic Range) and focus-stacking techniques, whether done in camera or post-capture, are strictly forbidden.Definition of "black and white photography (monochrome)"
A black and White work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (White) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black and White work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category; such a work can be reproduced in black and white in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage. On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category; such a work requires colour reproduction in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage.Selection Committee Members:Monochrome
Haluk UYGUR, EFIAP Colour
Bekir TUĞCU - AFIAP Creative
Gürsel EGEMEN ERGİN, EFIAP TFSF Representative: Mr. Cengizhan Günesen Contest Schedule:
- Participation Deadline : 08 November 2021
- Evaluation : 13 November 2021
- Results Notification Date : 18 November 2021
- Award Mailing Date : 01 February 2022
Catalog will be sent to participants by email. Large-size prints for the exhibit will be provided by Orhan Holding. Contest Secretariat / Communication:
Orhan Holding A.Ş.
Ms. Merve Baltacı
INTERNATIONAL PHOTO CONTEST - 2021
Address: Ovaakça Çeşmebaşı Mah. Yeni Yalova Yolu Cad.
No: 661 Osmangazi 16335 Bursa Türkiye
Phone: +90 224 280 49 00
Fax: +90 224 267 14 44
Our contest is approved by Photographic Arts Federation of Turkey (TFSF) with the approval number TFSF 2021-061 and by Fédération Internationale de l'Art Photographique (FIAP) with the approval number FIAP 2021-526
A TFSF Representative will be present during the contest process and at the contest hall.
(*) "With the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations."